Mrs Rodgers says that these cookies are really quick and easy to make but taste delicious. If you don’t have any chocolate chips you can chop up a chocolate bar. Mrs Rodgers added M&Ms when she last made these and they gave the cookies an extra crunch!
85g (3oz) margarine
85g (3oz) brown sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence
170g (6oz) self raising flour
1 tbsp cocoa
A pinch of salt
115g (40z) chocolate chips
- Cream the margarine and sugar using a wooden spoon.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence and beat well.
- Gradually mix in the flour and salt.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Place the mixture in teaspoonfuls on to a greased baking tray.
- Bake at 180c/Gas Mark 4 for 10-15 minutes.