Mrs Hall does a fantastic foodie job feeding the children in our breakfast club. This isn’t necessarily her favourite recipe but she’s chosen this because it’s a low cost, child friendly, accessible recipe she enjoyed using with her girls when they were at our school.
1 jar of ready made pizza sauce
1 pack of whole meal pitta breads
Pre heat oven 180c/356f/gas4
- First put pitta breads on a baking tray.
- Next spread a tablespoon of pizza sauce on top of each pitta bread.
- Put some chopped ham on top of the pizza sauce.
- On top of the chopped ham sprinkle some grated cheese.
- Finally pop your pitta pizzas in the oven and bake until the cheese is golden brown and bubbling.
- When they are ready ask a grown up to take them out if the oven for you (watch out they will be piping hot).
This is a really versatile recipes and really good for using up leftovers, you could try naan breads or tortilla wraps instead of pitta breads. If you don’t fancy ham why not try tuna, pepperoni or finely sliced mushrooms. Let your imagination run away with you!