Mrs Davies often bakes with our children in the Hive but not usually with such exotic recipes!
• 250g/9oz cherry tomatoes
• 1 red onion finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 300g/10 1/2 oz risotto rice
• 4 chicken thigh fillets halved
• 200g/7oz chorizo thickly sliced*
• 2 tsp chopped rosemary
• 1 litre hot chicken stock
• Pinch saffron strands
• 8 large raw prawns
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
*can be replaced with smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 200c/gas 7. Place the tomatoes in a roasting tin and sprinkle over red onion, garlic and olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes until the tomatoes are softened.
- Stir in the rice, chicken, rosemary, stock and saffron. Season with salt and pepper mixing well together. Return to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the prawns and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until the rice is tender and the chicken cooked through.