Mrs Anderson’s children would love to share this recipe with everyone because it is their favourite thing to make. Mrs Anderson says to have fun making it and please and let her know how it goes.
175g (6 oz) margarine
175g (6 oz) sugar
3 eggs (large)
150g (5 oz) self raising flour
25g (1oz) cocoa powder, sieved
1 level tsp baking powder
- Heat oven to 180‰C, 350‰F, Gas Mark 4. Grease two 18 cm sandwich tins.
- Cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, adding a little flour with each.
- Beat in remaining flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Place in prepared tins and bake for 20 minutes.
- When cold sandwich and fill the middle and top with butter icing.
100g (4oz) butter or margarine
200g (7oz) sieved icing sugar
25g (1oz) sieved cocoa powder
Cream margarine, gradually adding icing sugar and cocoa and cream together.
Decorate your cake – you could add mini eggs to give it an Easter theme.