History of our beloved Brayton C of E School

Our school has changed and evolved over the years. It began as a Parish Primary School in the old building. It then split into two separate schools, with the Infants being a Church school and so was housed in the older building and the Junior School being a Community school – it was built next door on a separate site.

However – in 2014 the two schools were amalgamated once more and became Brayton C of E Primary School.

In 2019 the School became an Academy – part of the Star Multi-Academy Trust. Still a Church school and still a much loved part of the Brayton Community.

High on a shelf in a store cupboard, we were very fortunate to find a number of dusty, beautiful old Headmaster’s log books – some over a hundred years old, going back to the opening of our original school. They contain valuable history of our beloved Brayton.

The log books contain reports from the Headteachers and Diocese Inspectors, registers and narratives which span the two world wars, all written in neat and careful script.

We are copying them faithfully and over time they will appear here for you to read and be fascinated by.

In some ways, life in education has not changed much. Attendance and standards were very high on the agenda for inspectors, even then. 

May 1904

June 1904

July 1904